 Off-Topic / Debate / 17439
  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

(...) I dunno ... they're both woefully inefficient and useless, wasting lots of gasoline and polluting the environment, and are almost never used for their supposedly intended purposes, but rather are used just for commuting or getting around town (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

(...) I dunno either. My Miata gets over 30mpg. As far as space utilization efficiency goes unlike most 5-7 passenger SUVs, my car is always guaranteed to be at least half full. ;-) Of course it could be debated that a Miata isn't a real sports (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

(...) Miatas are roadsters, not sports cars. Roadsters are fine. It's sports cars I'm talking about. Especially ones like Tom Stangl has ;-) --Bill. P.S.: Speaking of roadsters, anyone want to buy my father's 1965 MGB? He passed away last fall and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

(...) Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc. all refer to the Miata as a sports car, so forgive me if I value their opinion over yours. :-) But then, I consider my 1953 MGTD that I used to own a sports car... Bruce (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

Psh. You don't know the sports car owners *I* do. I use my car several levels higher than it was intended ;-) While putting out over 1.5 times the stock horspower, I actually get BETTER gas mileage than stock (making more power generally requires (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

OK, so can catch up or even exceed many high efficiency cars by enhancing your sports car. But what if you made the same modifications to a Geo Metro or other high efficiency vehicle? --Bill. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

A Metro would likely explode, and HE vehicles are already HE, there's not a whole lot more you can squeeze out of them. I'll stick with my overpowered monster that has better than stock efficiency, thankyouverymuch ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)