 Off-Topic / Debate / 17382
Re: Instant Runoff Voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:36:40 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
See
http://www.AlaskansforVotersRights.com/
for more info on a ballot proposal on the Alaska Primary that will do much
to give people more choice at less expense. The Alaska LP supports this
which is how I heard about it.

as well as most other parties, except the democratic party of Alaska.
It's unfortunate that they think that they have the most to lose when it
comes to the appearance of viable third parties.

Instant Runoff means that when you vote you also give second, third, etc
choices so if there is no clear winner in the first round, some candidates
are eliminated and the ballots cast for them are reevaluated for second,
third, etc choices to see if a majority is now achieved.

I'm just glad that vanilla has the majority vote in the demo... down
with chocolate. ;)

-c