 Off-Topic / Debate / 17375
Re: The way seeing your General Practicioner ought to work.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:49:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

Hi all,

This is almost two weeks old at this point, but I just got around to it and
thought it was worth pointing out.  I strongly feel that this is how our
first-level medical support ought to work.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/07/25/cov.simple/index.html

I agree! Trouble is, it just takes one patient who doesn't get the result
they want & sues for $xxxM to drive Dr Grigg out of business. The problem is
not (necessarily) with the doctors! And trying to get insurance against this
is what is driving medical costs up.

I'd have to disagree with this.  At least in the US, my perception is
that HMO's and PPO's and C3P0's are more concerned with making a profit
than practicing good medicine.  Greedy corporations are driving up the
cost of medicine.

Steve