 Off-Topic / Debate / 17373
Re: American intelligentsia and the American electorate (WAS Re: slight)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:51:25 GMT

It seems that there is an agreement between Larry and Scott to not participate
in the same threads.  Whether this is totally informal, or even fictional, is
irrelevent.  It's been nice having no sniping between Scott and Larry.  Thanks
to both of you for the restraint!  But this note worries me...

This is not a snipe(?).  Am I not supporting his argument? I can't ever
remember agreeing not to "participate in the same threads" as Larry.
Further, I am pretty sure he has posted in the same threads as me – he is
welcome to.

So does Dawkins have it right? Does intolerance mean that religious freedoms
are being curtailed by the unsophisticated Christians masses?

Well, yes.  Didn't you read the thread.  John, et al, want the right not to
practice religion curtailed.

Are John's view’s really representative? ;)

It's commonplace.  Is it really nonexistant over
there?

In the UK there is far less political/religious overlap. Sure religious
types express political views. However, political types very rarely directly
canvas any religion. I can't think of any major item of recent UK foreign or
domestic policy which has a religious basis. Can you say the same of the USA?

Scott A