 Off-Topic / Debate / 17246
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:38:47 GMT

Show me *any* evidence that God exists - those are words constantly put into
my face by the close minded people who believe in the god of science so they
can knock down my *belief*.

You can have whatever belief you like. It's when you want ME to believe that
you have to play by my rules. And if you're forcing your morality on me (not
you, David K, but the generic you) meaning you want me to believe in a
christian god... not just some random universe creator who has no other
effect, but a god that purportedly has a great deal of effect here and now,
by golly I am going to ask for proof or I am going to reject it.

You can (and do on a regular basis) take a gun to me and prevent me from
opening my store on Sundays.

But you can't take a gun to me and make me *believe*.

For that you have to play by my rules or I won't play. My rules require
evidence. That doesn't mean that I'm asserting that science explains
everything, that's a straw man. But a god that has supposedly measurable
effect on the world ought to be observable and measurable. Else it's
implausable. Everything else that has measurable effect on the world is
measurable and observable!

No one is knocking down your belief unless you assert it where it isn't wanted.