 Off-Topic / Debate / 17116
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 06:26:53 GMT

If the bible is revealed truth, your god isn't a very good communicator. If
the bible is historical record, your god is fundamentally a nasty little
tinpot dictator of a god. Which is it?

I choose the *perception* that He is a tinpot dictator of a god, which is a
misperception.

God is unchanging, and God's true nature was revealed by Jesus life and
teachings.  Since that nature is that of a loving and just God, this is how I
believe God to be since day one, whether it was known to be thus or not.  We
learn of the sovereignty of God in Job, but not much else IMHO.

You would be mistaken to form your opinion of God based soley on the account of
Job, which, it seems to me, that you have (conveniently) decided to do.  God is
so much easier to dismiss that way.

If you truly were a seeker of Truth, I would think that you'd investigate a
little more strenuously.

But it is my contention that you, along with other atheists, will not believe
in the existence of a Creator God because of pride and convenience.  If not,
maybe you might share why (because I *know* that it couldn't be *proven* to
you).

-John