 Off-Topic / Debate / 17113
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 05:02:31 GMT

It reveals the true nature of the judeo-christian god; a capricious and
malevolent being, willing to torture a person living by the rules laid down
by that very same god merely to win a bet, and a bet with one of his own
creations no less.

Wrong!  You miss the point.  The author of Job *doesn't* know the true nature
of God.

I judge the nature of your god by the evidence presented. The ends do not
justify the means, and there is no possible justification for your god's
persistent torture of Job.

If the bible is revealed truth, your god isn't a very good communicator. If
the bible is historical record, your god is fundamentally a nasty little
tinpot dictator of a god. Which is it?

For another perspective on Job I recommend the book of the same name by RAH.