 Off-Topic / Debate / 17109
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 04:27:19 GMT

The God of Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac.

And Job too?

Of course.

Job is a very interesting book that attempts to honestly deal with
the question
of why bad things happen to good people.  In a way, it is a revolt against the
notion of obedience = blessings and the reverse.  ILR, sometimes the obedient
get the figs kicked out of them.  And sometimes the evil prosper.  Job
represents an understanding of God which nearly borders the heretical.

Personally, I find it one of the most interesting books of the OT.

Ya, me too.

Of course, I may have read a different version than you... in my view Job
should never have been allowed to remain in the bible as it spells things
out quite clearly for those paying attention.

It reveals the true nature of the judeo-christian god; a capricious and
malevolent being, willing to torture a person living by the rules laid down
by that very same god merely to win a bet, and a bet with one of his own
creations no less.

No thanks. As I've said before I'll gladly burn in hell before worshiping
that god...