 Off-Topic / Debate / 17049
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:17:47 GMT

<snippety snip>

There it is again. "Lack of reasoning ability" == "lesser person".

I'm OK with that view! (does that come as a shock to anyone???)

Reason is our evolutionary advantage. If you can't or won't reason, you're
repudiating your humanity. I'm an elitist. Deal.

That doesn't mean that only atheists successfully reason, mind you... but
it's the unreasoning intolerant extremists of whatever stripe that are a
threat to society as a whole.

++Lar