 Off-Topic / Debate / 17028
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:00:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Joseph Williams writes:
In the end, reality is as we perceive it, not as it "truly" is.

does existential second guessing paranoia work in other areas of your life?
yes we can all pretend that we're in the matrix but I'd sooner make
decisions based on commonly agreed upon fact of our time, unless proven
otherwise. Who has time to consider whether the peanut butter is really
there before you go to make a sandwich.

Oh, it helps-- but only insofar as whether or not I want to argue with
people. It helps my sense of wanting to be "right" by saying "hey, they can
believe what they want". In other words, by believing in such a theory, I'm
less inclined to adamantly fight for what I believe to be "right". I may
still put in some words, but when it comes down to it, if I've explained my
side as best I can, there's nothing more I *can* do and nothing more that
*needs* doing.

DaveE