 Off-Topic / Debate / 17022
  Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism

(...) Evolution is concerned with the origins of life not the universe. Those are unrelated fields of science, only associated by the fact that they are scientific pursuits. Theories and conceptions of the origin and nature of the Universe have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism

(...) I disagree. Evolution does not speak to the origins of life on a particular planet. It merely posits a mechanism by which life on that planet, once underway (by whatever way it came into being, which Evolution is mute on), can fill all (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism

(...) my bad and duly noted. I did say in that post 'The intial spark of life is debatable too' which I really should have clarified at the beginning as well. Your explanation as to how evolution does not get involved into that murky area is great, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)