 Off-Topic / Debate / 1702
Re: POV-RAY orange color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:23:36 GMT

"I have confidence in the Lord. He'll put me in whatever
situation He wants me in, so any success or glory I have is
going to Him."  Tim Salmon

Interesting quote.

If the Lord puts me in whatever situations he wants, so he'll receive
the praise/glory/worship/whatever when things turn out well, what does
that say about the situations I end up in from time to time when all
Hell (no pun intended) breaks loose?

Are those situations the Lord _didn't_ put me in, in the sense that he
only backs winning situations?

Are those situations I put myself into because I'm an imperfect being?

If the Lord gets the praise and glory when things go right, should he
also get the opposite when things go horribly wrong?

Makes me think of how uncomfortable it makes me to see whole families
with a loved one in mortal danger (like my wife's mother who is still
going through chemotherapy to try to battle a very aggressive cancer)
pray to god, saying over and over things like, "it's in your hands",
"if it be your will", "please protect him/her".

Families that are lucky enough to have their prayers answered, lucky
enough to see their loved ones pull through, certainly come through
the experience (as far as I've seen) with a stronger faith, a great
deal of praise for the Lord.

What about those families who lose the loved one?  I wonder if any of
them end up blaming the Lord?

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)