 Off-Topic / Debate / 16967
  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Something just struck me wrong when I read this... (...) Back up there, schoolboy. Christians *can* be categorized insofar as that they all have one thing in common that binds them-- belief in God. But you would be hard pressed to find a single (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) But then you wouldn't be talking about *only* Christians. If belief in God is your sole criteria, then you would have only a small portion of the group if you were speaking of Christians-- Muslims, Jews, Deists, etc would be a part of that (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Replace "Christians" with any "Religious" and the sentence still makes sense - much sense. (...) See "Buddhist" (sp?) (...) The mere fact that you don't hear them does not mean they are not there... these are the ones that do not attend (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) I got his point. I think it's a valid restatement of your words to show that they can be applied to many groups. you DO paint atheists with an excessively broad brush, you know. More importantly.... I have a favor to ask though... please do a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)