 Off-Topic / Debate / 16961
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 19:11:36 GMT

What gets my undies in a bunch is when ignorant people group *all* Christians
together.  Because one sorely misguided wacko such as Andrea Yates, who claims
to be a Christian offs all of her kids, that must mean that *ALL* Christians
are guilty of slaughtering innocents.  It just doesn't wash, and it's
disingenuous to imply so.  99.9% of all professed Christians would condemn her
actions.

  Can you not see the contradiction you're broadcasting?  You are constantly
sputtering about "athiests" and "leftists" as if either group can be painted
with a single brush, but then you get your undies in a bunch when people
applie your own standards to the club to which you belong!  Disingenuous
doesn't begin to cover it!

What *was* Stalin then?  How about Pol Pot?

  I can't find the link right now, so perhaps I misread.  In any case,
you're identifying his athiesm as the cause of his brutality, when in fact
it was the desire for power.  Ditto for Pol Pot, from what (admittedly
little) I've read of him.
  And let's be honest; can you name an athiest *prior* to the last hundred
years who qualifies as one of the "greatest butchers of all time?"  I can
think of several Xtians who fit that category, spanning a far greater
stretch  of time than the past century.

     Dave!