 Off-Topic / Debate / 16863
  Re: UK gets a raw deal again

What's so great about Leiden? The only reason I live here is because of the international school in Leiderdorp that our daughter goes to. But I can't wait to leave Leiden behind me again. Do you know it's got the lowest average IQ in the country? (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: UK gets a raw deal again

(...) Leiden just happens to be where I lived while on research. Are you not Dutch (the international school)? The surname implies Dutchness. :) I didn't mind living in southwestern Leiden, but I lived north of Leiden-CS and that was less pleasant. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: UK gets a raw deal again

(...) Or South Africaness/Boerness ;-) Pedro (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: UK gets a raw deal again

Myself and a couple of friends spent a day there last year when we were cycling through Holland/Belgium. It was a warm day in the sun soaking up the local cultural offerings. It was outside term-time, so it was very quiet and quite relaxing. I doubt (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: UK gets a raw deal again

Your right. Although the original name is french (Valenduc) the spelling was changed when some Hugenots moved to Holland a few centuries ago. My better half is from Limerick though, so we'd like our kids to be bilingual, hence the international (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)