 Off-Topic / Debate / 16834
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:23:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Yes, I think at this point it becomes opinion, and the highest opinion in the
land gets to decide.

(Well, that's MINE, of course...)

  That's not democracy, if one opinion is higher than all others.
  It may be reality, but it's anathema to the whole idea of the USA.

Uh, just so there's no confusion, I was kidding about the "that's MINE" bit.

   I know, Dave!  I was referring to the idea that the opinion
   of our razor-thin-plurality President is somehow sacrosanct
   and allows him to create a religion test for those who sit on
   the bench.

   LFB