 Off-Topic / Debate / 1678
    whiteness (was Re: WTB Train Parts —Larry Pieniazek
   Fascinating. To reiterate, I have always understood "mighty white" and "mighty christian" to be equivalent insults (to non whites and non christians, respectively). There isn't a dictionary per se to go look these up in. we build our understanding (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: whiteness (was Re: WTB Train Parts —Jesse Long
     Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37A3C5AD.CDFF9A...ger.net... (...) I've always been under the impression that to be an indian giver is to act as the US did in giving the indians some land and then coming along and taking it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: whiteness (was Re: WTB Train Parts —Todd Lehman
   (...) The Lewis and Clark expedition notes talk about this, yes. Not necessarily randomly snatching something back, but, say, giving back a gun and taking back a horse when the gun was no longer needed, or deemed to be of little value compared to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)