 Off-Topic / Debate / 1672
1671  |  1673
Subject:
"Financial news" magazines (Was: Lego Hackers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:49:43 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Sproaticus wrote:
It's perfectly understandable when you consider the intended audience
Them's fighting words, Sproat.

Also a troll, but IMO not a vain troll.

So knock it off. Or take it up in .debate

Agreed.  Sorry for cluttering up .general

Now if you want to slam Fortune, fine. It's infected with the
Time Warner reality distortion virus.

Also Forbes, also WSJ.  Any magazine I've read claiming to report financial
news has proven to be little more than a self-promoting millionaire's club
popularity journal.  If I wanted that, I'd read George or Playboy.  (1)

Now after I've flamed Forbes, I'll read another issue.  If it warrants, I'll
eat my words.

But Forbes is an awesome magazine. And Steve Forbes is not a bad guy,
for a republican, although he's not Malcomb. Now THERE was a Righteous
Dude...

What was so righteous about Malcom Forbes?  To me, he seemed to be something
of a schmoozing high-life millionaire brat.  Not something I attain to be,
and certainly not something I would want to be remembered by.  What has he
done that benefitted, say, me or my family?

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Not to disparage these magazines -- I've occasionally read some fine
material from them.  At least they're honest about their intentions.

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>
http://www.io.com/~jsproat