 Off-Topic / Debate / 16546
Re: Does Political Correctness Kill?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 17:19:58 GMT

Not a very well formed opinion, I admit.

So basically you're the off-topic troll, eh Lar?

=)

I can't agree that our govt. is suffering from an excess of political
correctness and that this is preventing people from doing their jobs --
that's just foolishness.

The James Woods story just infuriates me.  Someone could/should have zeroed
in on those suspicious passengers and uncovered the whole conspiracy to
kamikaze the twin towers.  It could have been the end of the story right
there. 3,000 + people died, and many more people suffered the loss of many
loved ones because some people -- critically positioned to prevent disasters
from occurring -- simply did NOT do their jobs.

Think about it -- some bloody actor was the only person to do the right
thing!  Everyone else just sat on their hands.

The whole matter continues to be not only the cause of considerable
suffering and sorrow, but stands as a symbol of national disgrace.  Our
public servants are well paid in some instances to apparently do absolutely
nothing to safeguard american lives.

Heads should roll from top to bottom.

And in this case, I assert that it is un-american to disagree with this
opinion.  I am sick of the partisan bickering over the matter -- as if
politics entered into it at all.  When everyone from the President on down
through a whole chain of Federal agents, agencies, and sundry personnel knew
about this matter and did nothing -- don't we all have a right to be angry?
And it wasn't one source alone that gave them this information -- sources
were numerous.  U.S. intelligence has collapsed and something must be done
about it.  And whereas I DO oppose war in foreign countries, I REALLY want
more security at home that prevents the need for acting abroad (presuming
one agrees with such in the first place).

By contrast consider the actions of the many police and fire men and women
that bravely and decisively risked all at a moment's notice to save others.
From those valiant souls there are no excuses forthcoming -- count the
graves! We thank them all and our hearts bleed for their loved ones.

It took mere moments for some people to show themselves to be true heroes,
it took weeks for others to show themselves to be complacent cowards.

And we have to read how its politics, or no -- it's political correctness,
that is destroying our country?  Who prints this trash?  Shame on them.  On
one hand I see a president that was informed; groups like the CIA, FBI, and
FAA that also knew; airport security persons that did nothing, etc. -- while
on the other hand I see the heroes of Sept. 11.

There is no comparison.

-- Hop-Frog