 Off-Topic / Debate / 16463
    Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Only if you say so, Lar. "The scurrilous loss of freedom in the name of security, and other changes, and blindly support(ing) the Prez" would almost be worth it IF we were getting real value for those changes. That's a HUGE if, and it just (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Well, we're not. I speak from experience when it comes to airport security. Talk about your window dressing? More hassle, more inconvenience, more delay, but no more actual security. Just a big shiny new agency to suck up tax dollars and (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press —Richard Marchetti
     (...) For the record, I knew your position on this. Sorry if it seemed otherwise. I think we are very much on the same page on this, politically. Thought experiment-wise, and the pleasures hidden therein, we may be of different minds. Then again, (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Well.... I agreed with everything you said in the parts that I snipped away, but I guess maybe I should have dug up a Clinton era example alternate history. (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press —Lawrence Wilkes
    "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gws7tC.8xt@lugnet.com... (...) security. (...) suck up (...) The 'security' move that puzzles me is not providing metal knives and forks with your inflight meal, but only plastic (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)