 Off-Topic / Debate / 16089
  Re: Conflict in the Middle East

(...) The US took control of a route to Central Asian Oil and Gas fields that does not pass through Russia nor Iran? Particularly interesting, when we know Bush has personal interests in this sector. Pedro (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Conflict in the Middle East

(...) I shall have to change my question! You may consider it a "victory", but which of the *stated* war aims have been met? ;) Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Conflict in the Middle East

(...) I'd have to know what were the stated war aims. IMO, all statements on that issue were too vague to be comprehensible. :-/ And frankly, this conflict still does not fit my definition of "war". Maybe "intervention" is more like it. And there is (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)