 Off-Topic / Debate / 15705
    Re: Tanks at the Super Bowl —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) [snip] (...) I don't think so. Simply, the money has to come from somewhere and The People aren't going to be willing to pump 75% of their produce into such security measures. In the worst-case scenario that you seem to be imagining, the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tanks at the Super Bowl —Kirby Warden
   (...) I guess I'm not quite so optimistic. The fact The People have allowed tanks at a public event at all is disturbing. Of course, there have probably been situations like this before, but these security measures seem to occur more (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tanks at the Super Bowl —Pedro Silva
   (...) Not really. It would be disturbing if this were standard procedure in peace time (let's not forget "W" declared war against unknown targets). Or if it kept occurring forever, under the excuse "The war is long, and the end is unforseeble (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)