 Off-Topic / Debate / 15702
Re: State of Emergency? (Since 1933?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:27:07 GMT

I think this is one of those articles that is half truth, half B.S. --
probably written by someone with a very specific set of fears and a very
specific agenda in mind.  It has enough of the truth to look and feel like
the truth at first blush, but I doubt some of it will hold up to scrutiny.

"The Book of the States" -- what the hell is that?

The usual "foreign powers" drivel?  You don't need to be in the control of a
foreign power to have constitutional issues with some of what is happening
today in the U.S. Xenophobia being added into the mix just makes it easier
for others to brush one off as a nutcase.

BTW, if the U.S. were not de facto "bankrupt" we wouldn't have an
essentially insurmountable national debt -- we have clearly "borrowed" on
resources not forthcoming except from the pockets of our children, our
children's children, and our children's children's children, etc.

I have no reference to back this up, but I think I remember reading that the
only time the U.S. ran in the black was under Andrew Jackson, president from
1829-1837.  Somewhere in there, we ran from red to black and all was well...

-- Hop-Frog