 Off-Topic / Debate / 15616
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 04:32:36 GMT

So no nation would gain by taking the goods of another?  I don't see that WWII
happened because Germany was trying to break into Polish, French, or
Austrian market economies.  They wanted to take their stuff (foremost of
which (I guess) was productive capacity).  It was simple thuggery.  How has • the
EC changed that?

Prior to WWII Germany was in debt to france for reparations from WWI.  It was
also in the midst of a huge economic crisis.  It was literally cheaper to burn
money than it was to buy coal.

-Mike Petrucelli