 Off-Topic / Debate / 1523
  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) It's unfortunate that the labels have become so skewed. I am a liberal because I believe in liberty. I am not a conservative because I think the present system needs to be changed. Yet if I claim to be liberal it means I support income (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

To all (Larry & Chris and others); Ugh. Let me see if I can clear up what appears to be people's confusion about me. (...) In today's terms, yes. I think the system needs to be changed, and I don't support income transfer. (...) I would say I am (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) I'd go along with that. I'm not too happy with the idea of positive discrimination. Occasionally it can bring about benefits if it's applied for a limited period of time - eg. in order to make sure that there are enough members of some group (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

Scott: The fact that you and I have to explain what we mean by L and C merely proves the point (which we are in violent agreement on, by the way) that definitions have been skewed all out of recognizability. I have only inconsequentially minor (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)