 Off-Topic / Debate / 1523
Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:37:14 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

Maybe I associate most liberals to be on the Democratic side rather than the
Republican side. I despise everything liberalism is and what it stands for. I am
and always will be a moral, and economic conservative. That is what I meant.

It's unfortunate that the labels have become so skewed. I am a liberal
because I believe in liberty. I am not a conservative because I think
the present system needs to be changed. Yet if I claim to be liberal it
means I support income transfer!

No.

I am a Jeffersonian Liberal.

If you must apply the one dimensional political spectrum (1) the closest
you can come to pigeonholing the LP is to say that we are economically
conservative and socially liberal.

1 - which I reject, there is more than one dimension involved... see the
World's Smallest Political Quiz at the http://www.lp.org site, which is
admittedly a propaganda tool.

lugnet.