 Off-Topic / Debate / 15115
Re: Withdrawing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
The debate that I began seems to be drawing to somewhat of a conclussion.
I've made my points, then clarified them, then defended them.

It is unfortunate that some still think I have some ulterior motive to the
whole debate, however, I am not a homophobe, nor a Christian.

I have some issues with the idea of gay-at-birth, it's really simple as
that.  Just because I disagree with a theory of homosexuality, does not mean
I am a gay-basher, just as disbelieving the Christian god does not make one
an atheist... no matter what the Christians may say.

When this debate began on another website, I was accused of many things and
no one seemed interested in actually discussing my issues.  Somewhere in the
course of that debate, a gay individual jumped in a stated that he was gay
and Christian.  Obviously I have issues with that idea as well.

No harm was intended to any homosexuals who may have contributed to the
debate, and if any did participate, I thankyou for being patient, whether
you agree with me or not.

Please believe me when I say I brought this debate here with more than a
little trepidation.  I expected missconceptions and mudslinging to abound,
but fortunately things went much more smoothly than elsewhere.

For Scott Arthur.  Thank you for not hounding me when I blatantly ignored
you.

I had not noticed that you had ignored me I'm afraid.

Your demand to know "who cares?" was uncalled for.

I did not say "who cares?", I said "who cares!".

Scott A

Obviously *I*
cared, or I wouldn't have brought it up to begin with.

I do not feel there is much left for me to debate here, I've made my points,
and now the topic is leaning towards an all out religious debate and I am
only familiar with the Christian religion.

Thanks for participating, and thanks again for not slinging mud.