 Off-Topic / Debate / 14959
Re: Is this a good way to make money?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:10:14 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> writes:

-- Hop-Frog (O wait, I forgot that only Xtians believe in Satan!
[...]

The satanism concept is, BTW, hugely misunderstood.  In it's original
form, it has nothing to do with worshipping the devil.  The satanism
concept was originally thought of as the "opposite" of christianity.
Satanists did not believe there was a god and and afterlife.  Hence,
as this life was the only one available, one should try to get as much
happiness and pleasure from it as possible.  Satanism is thus a purely
egoistic ideology.

It puzzles me how Satan is a part of the christian religion, but still
there is officially only one (or three, depending on your point of
view) god(s).  Clearly, Satan has godlike properies in the christian
religion?  After all, he is the source of all evil, which must be
quite some achievement.

Fredrik