 Off-Topic / Debate / 14825
    Re: Medical Marijuana —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I think the argument being put forth is that 80,000% is so high as to not make it profitable or even feasible to actually carry out commerce. So I'm not sure your pros and cons apply. (but maybe they do... at one dollar an ounce (an (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Medical Marijuana —Dave Schuler
     (...) Yeah, I was trying to formulate a scenario in which the gov't could "allow" marijuana (or the like) but might place some dollar restriction on sales to make the legal purchase undesirable to the consumer. Not sure if it would work, except in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Medical Marijuana —David Eaton
     (...) Ah, so as to make it so ridiculous in cost that nobody would buy it and thus essentially stop drug use? I spose. In any event, I think the pros and cons still apply as to why not legalize it-- just perhaps not for the supposed plan. As for the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)