 Off-Topic / Debate / 1480
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 06:58:30 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

You're missing the point of the Second Amendment, my friend. Please read some of
the Founding Father's thoughts on it before you go off into big time debates.

Scott Sanburn

Good point, Scott.

In particular try article 8 in the Federalist Papers. Seems pretty clear
to me what was intended by the Second Amendment.

Then read article 10 to understand why even if the majority thinks that
we, for example, should provide free health care, it's not good enough
of a moral justification to actually go around taking property away from
people to pay for it.

lugnet.