 Off-Topic / Debate / 14633
Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 05:47:37 GMT

is illustrated here:

http://www.thereverend.com/brick_testament/the_tower_of_babel/gn11_07.html

Please! What sort of god thwarts his people out of spite? Not my sort.

I choose not to believe in any god, but it's not because of the sort of god
"he" may be. Especially as described by the OT prophets, whose words many
scholars (christian & other) have raised doubts about anyway.

BTW, what *is* your sort (of god)?

Brick Testament is absolutely gorgeous work and I think the Rev is to be
commended for some very very well done models and pages. Bravo!

Yes, I certainly find it more readable than the KJ version!

But I can tell you this, I'll be urging my kids to view this and THINK about
what it implies about the god of the old testament.

I think that's always good advice; they should also keep in mind that they're
just the words of (human) prophets, interpreted centuries later.

ROSCO