 Off-Topic / Debate / 1458
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:48:50 GMT

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:27:07 GMT, "Christopher L. Weeks"
<c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote:

Gosh, I've found that insurance is quite affordable.  What's the scoop?
Oh, maybe it's because I've chosen an employer with a good package of bennies.

And everybody can get a job anywhere they want. I see.

In all cases?  It just burns me up that lung cancer is covered by
medicaid.  Why should I have to pay for a bunch of other peoples' bad decisions?

Lung cancer does not necessarily have anything to do with smoking.

My grandfather died from it, and he never touched a cigarette in his
life. However, his employer felt fit to downplay the risks of working
with asbestos without any protection for years. For a dozen years, he
fought to get simple things, like mouth caps when sawing up boards
stuff, but no... it would cost _at_least_ 5000 dollars a year! Man,
what a blow to the copmpany that would be!

Jasper "Very bitter, yes." Janssen