 Off-Topic / Debate / 14516
  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) "Topic Closed." means "move it to email", then? Thanks for the tip. (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) He said "topic closed," but also said that replies should be sent to his e-mail, so I would assume that that meant the topic was closed on LUGNET, but was meant to continue through e-mail. :-) -Geordan- (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

And who said flame wars were dead? Granted this may not big a huge flame war, but still. ~my thoughts~ Ok, I agree with Larry - I think he has very valid points and good intentions. I do not know if people just do not get what he is trying to say, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) has (...) this (...) I think you missed the point of what (most) people posted about. They're not talking on a change in the last few months, but in a change over the past 3-5 years! I doubt the email/nntp authuntication had that kind of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Agreed (...) No grudges, I just prefer to be spoken with rather than spoken to. I'm certain that others around here would prefer that as well. (...) I have positive view about Larry most of the time. Sometimes he manages to come across as (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)