 Off-Topic / Debate / 14513
  Re: "emergency becomes a *disaster.*"

(...) How about "banks don't loan money to political parties"?? If the LP folds up, it *will* be a disaster. To the LP. Maybe not to anyone else of course, but the use of the word disaster is justified, in context. If I lost my job, it would be a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "emergency becomes a *disaster.*"

(...) That thought did cross my mind... (...) I do not agree. If the LP were to fold it would be regrettable - nothing else. In the context on Sept 11 this is not a disaster. (...) If you loosing your job leads to that sequence of events, I think (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "emergency becomes a *disaster.*"

(...) If we are to use that logic, there haven't been very many disasters in the past few years. All those hurricanes and typoons and whatnot? How many have caused thousands of deaths and billions of dollars in damage? (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "emergency becomes a *disaster.*"

(...) Frank, The LP's mail problems and 911 are linked… at least indirectly. As far as I know, 911 is not linked to any natural disaster. Further, I doubt the LP's demise would be a "disaster" when compared to "hurricanes and typoons and whatnot"… (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)