 Off-Topic / Debate / 14448
    Re: 6 degrees of separation.. —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) You mean like how Police Departments LOVE civil forfeiture because it gives them Corvettes and powerboats and big piles of cash to play with without having to budget for them (1)? Like that? Nothing speculative about it. 1 - or justify how (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: 6 degrees of separation.. —James Brown
   (...) Yup, much like that indeed. (...) There is speculation, in that I didn't actually go check and see if the frozen funds are in the State Department sandbox. So I might be ascribing selfish motives where mere beaurocratic inertia is sufficient. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)