 Off-Topic / Debate / 14286
14285  |  14287
Subject:
Rhinos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:29:35 GMT

far more often than not, your one-to-one exchanges quickly disintegrate to
rhinoceros dominance.

So, if we had rules how would things get worse? Say we had a rule like:
"No name calling permitted" -  why would that be bad? Do you feel you have
to retain the right to call me a "rhinoceros"{1} from time-to-time?

Without calling into question your ability to read, I am obliged to point
out that I did not, in fact, call you a rhinoceros.

I think it is equally important to point out that Scott did not say you did,
in fact, call him one Dave! He merely inquired if you wished to retain that
right (if in future you decided you felt you needed to).

Seems a reasonable question to me.

Hope that helps.