 Off-Topic / Debate / 14280
  Re: A modest proposal

(...) Pencil out the "relevant or not" and change "ANY" to "any irrelevant", and it's a done deal. From my perspective. But just because you abused your privalages doesn't mean we should all suffer for it. The only reason I don't think everyone (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A modest proposal

(...) Who judges relevancy? Scott thinks every one of his posts is relevant, presumably. No, this is a better proposal because it removes human error. (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A modest proposal

(...) The reader, obviously. I don't think you think "what, no answer?" is a particularly relevant post. Unless you're saying you can't judge relevancy for yourself. I think you can, but you choose not to. Maybe I'm wrong? And since your proposal (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A modest proposal

(...) I'm pretty good at ignoring those, actually. YCLIU. (...) Define "reasonably well". How is 7-10%? That's my current track record (in a small enough moving average). I think ignoring 90-93% of irrelevance is a pretty good approximation of (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A modest proposal

(...) Did you ever think that getting an answer from you was not the only aim? (...) It is my view that apart from the "what no answer" type posts you only answer the useless ones – i.e. the ones where you can score a cheap point. When I do make a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)