 Off-Topic / Debate / 14272
14271  |  14273
Subject:
A modest proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:32:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Low writes:

How about 1a. Ban both of them from replying to each other (at least as a
trial measure)?

I'll give you a different proposal...

I'll forego replying to ANY post of Scott's, relevant or not, if everyone
else does too... and I'll hew to that just as long as everyone else can hold
out too. As soon as some regular slips up, (we'll ignore wanderers who
reply) it's over. That takes what Scott does completely out of the equation.

(ever play "break the seal"?? This was a gimmick at college bars I went to
while in college. Pay a very cheap fee at the door. Drink beer, as much beer
as you can, no further charge, until someone goes to the loo. At that point
it's back to paying for beer again. This is nothing like that).

++Lar