 Off-Topic / Debate / 14168
Re: Ok, show me where I have lied? Or apologise.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:56:48 GMT

*Sigh* Still no answer.

*sigh* Still no reading comprehension.

Oops.  I take back what I just wrote.

However, if it will make you shut up, here's an example of a lie:

But Larry, you know it won't.

"the LP is a White Man's Club"

If you had retracted that statement after it was shown to be false (one
nonwhite member or female member disproves it, and surely you aren't going
to say the LP has none)

I disagree.  (I also disagree with Scott's assertion about the LP.)

An organization coule be essentially a "white man's club" and still have a
token black lady as a member.  Surely you recognize that.  But this doesn't
describe the LP even if membership is fairly dominated by white (whatever that
is) males.

and apologised, that would be one thing. But you
used it repeatedly, starting a big messy war, and you continue to use it to
this day as an insult even though it is false.

Since your logic (of one black lady as a member) doesn't disprove Scott's
assertion, I think it will take more work to say that this is a lie.  Actually,
I think it's Scott's slanted communitarian opinion, but not really a lie.  And
I think he's wrong, not because of any trends in actual membership, but because
the LP would be adamantly opposed to practices designed to limit membership
based either on ethnicity or sex.  Those practices are what defind our
understanding of "white man's club."

That's a deliberate lie, repeated many times on your part for derogatory
effect, not just an accidental misstatement retracted as soon as it was
shown to be inaccurate.

I certainly agree that was intentionally derogatory and repeated to either
damage the LP (less likely) or to set your underwear on fire (much more
likely).

some thoughts,

Chris