 Off-Topic / Debate / 14166
Re: I can't stand not to see my name in lights (was: Ok, show me where I have lied? Or apologise.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:07:09 GMT

*Sigh* Still no answer.

Take the hint.

hint (INDIRECT STATEMENT)
noun [C]
a statement or action which expresses indirectly what a person thinks or
wants and which allows another person to take no notice of it without
causing offence

So what is being hinted at?

Maybe I should have said get a clue, but that seemed rude.  He has hinted to
you (by his silence) (end even directly stated it, for that matter) that he
isn't going to be baited into further justifying his assertion that you're a
liar.

Are you hinting you find his behaviour acceptable?

What do you mean acceptable?  I have accepted it.  And so have you, since you
have no choice.  But I don't think it's constructive or nice, and I don't think
it reflects well on Larry's manners.  But so what?

BTW : I don’t get the subject line.

BTW : I don’t get the subject line.

I was being mildly snide in suggesting that the reason you keep posting this
waste of bandwidth it to hear yourself speak.  Since you know that he won't
answer, you must be doing this either as some bizzarre self-congratulatory move
that I don't get, or out of a misanthropic understanding of social norms.

Let's just say it isn't making you any friends or scoring you any points.  As
long as Larry doesn't answer, it makes you look weak, not him.

Chris