 Off-Topic / Debate / 14143
  deep frying chocolate (was Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment))

(...) How would one go about making one of these? This may be more fun than the chocolate covered tofu strips... ;) -chris (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: deep frying chocolate (was Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment))

(...) Well, the method I saw yesterday at the North Carolina State Fair (the friend I went with got one of these, forget which kind of candy bar she got), they had stuck candy bars on sticks, then rolled them in batter, then stuck them in a deep (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate (was Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment))

(...) I have never eaten one, so I do not really know. I think the trick is to cook it with such 'speed' that the middle does not melt. Just like a baked Alaska I suppose. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) Oz Style. From: (URL) Listing: Self Raising flour Six pack of XXXX One Mars Bar (frozen) Oil Method of Preparation: While drinking two of your stubbies grab one cup of your self raising flour and add some of your beer to the flour untill it (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) snipped the recipe... (...) Perhaps to make things clearer I should mention that in the US a Mars is a Topic. A US Mars is a Milky Way whereas a Milky Way in the UK is a Three Musketeers (US). Clear?!! :) Psi (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) The real Oz version would differ about here: Drink another beer, realize you are down to the last beer. Forget about the Mars bar, go down the pub for some more beer. Martin (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) Yes, thanks loads for that. Ever so clear Let me just add, in the same spirit: Rowley's invented KitKat. But KitKat is sold by Nestle everywhere in the world (since they bought Rowley's) except the US (where Rowley's had licensed KitKat to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) I think you mean Rowntree's (Rowntree Mackintosh), Larry. :) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) I think you mean Rowntree's (Rowntree Mackintosh), Larry. :) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) Right you are. Except I thought Cadbury bought Rowntree?? I heard the story at a major food client I was at 2 weeks ago and didn't write the names down. (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate & beer (Oz Style)

(...) I'm pretty sure Rowntree Mackintosh was bought by Nestlé. It think it was ~1990 - I was boycotting Nestlé products at the time. I am pretty sure Kit-Kat fingers used to have "Rowntree Mackintosh" written on them? Is this correct? What do the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)