 Off-Topic / Debate / 14136
Re: Violence created by presence of guns? (was: Gotta love Oracle...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 05:48:41 GMT

the right to bear arms is
fundamental to the guarantee of the free state (in fact, one need only
read the first paragraph of The Declaration of Independence to see one
such supporting statement: "When in the Course of human Events, it
becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which
have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the
Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of
Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind
requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the
Separation").

Not a single word of arms there. What do you read between the lines?

Another point which may not be so obvious is that the government which
trusts it's citizens with the power to overthrow the government becomes
more worthy of those citizens trust.

Maybe, but even with the arms you US civilians do have, do you think that is
realistic?

:wq

Horst