 Off-Topic / Debate / 14123
Re: Put three libertarians together in a room and they won't be able to agree where to go for lunch...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:38:35 GMT

I think it's tiresome that we already said no to these and they're back
again. Politicians will use any excuse to usurp.

If they have a democratic mandate and are mirroring the views of the people
is it usurping?

It is if they're usurping the power instilled by _The People_ in a system to
prevent _some people_ from doing wrong.  Democracies unfettered by just
controls are worse than good dictators.

Good dictators are fine - it is their inheritors I worry about. :/

Scott A

Chris