 Off-Topic / Debate / 14122
Re: What's the beef? (was Spam Spam Spam etc ) (Was *not* Spam & Chips)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:38:48 GMT

I have not eaten beef more than ~12 years now due to BSE.

Gosh...I've eaten beef more recently than that and I'm vegetarian.

I wish I had the will power to be a vegetarian. Chicken & fish are just too
good. I am occasionally tempted by haggis also.

You could seek psychiatric help for that.  (The haggis I mean.)  In my strange
little sense of right and wrong, no amount of goodness makes it OK, so I just
don't even think about it and concentrate on plant-based nutrition.

There's a lot to be said for growth hormones.

Indeed, there are those who claim that they cause breast cancer and may be
causing girls to reach puberty prematurely.

Sure, but cattle farmers make more money.  Which do you think is more
important?

Chris