 Off-Topic / Debate / 14112
Re: What's the beef? (was Spam Spam Spam etc ) (Was *not* Spam & Chips)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:47:33 GMT

I have not eaten beef more than ~12 years now due to BSE.

Gosh...I've eaten beef more recently than that and I'm vegetarian.

I wish I had the will power to be a vegetarian. Chicken & fish are just too
good. I am occasionally tempted by haggis also.

Needless to say I
have never eaten any beef from the USA, as it is unfit for human (or
animal?) consumption as far as the EU is concerned. Something to do with all
those lovely growth hormones you like in your beef.

There's a lot to be said for growth hormones.

Indeed, there are those who claim that they cause breast cancer and may be
causing girls to reach puberty prematurely.

Scott A

Chris