 Off-Topic / Debate / 14014
Re: Hiroshima-Was It Necessary?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 03:13:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

Yes indeed, very thoughtful of you.

(sorry, forgot the Sarcasm on and Sarcasm off warnings)... that is, unless
you plan to *never* post about any of the topics you've posted about already.

I feel my sarcasm was well placed since your initial response made it clear
that you already stated your stance on this topic in previous discussions in
this group, hence nothing that has been presented ever since has swayed your
opinion.

Yep, completely closed minded, that's me.

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14009

NEVER admitting that my arguments might not be 100% water tight or that I
might be wrong about anything.

Oh wait, you were talking about yourself there, and not me, weren't you,
since you've never ever changed your mind about anything significant, and I
have.

So what more do you need to say or add, other than to repeat what
you've said before?

So by those lights, the words "Palestine", "Israel", "US Oppressors" and
most especially "Racist Zionist" need never be uttered by you again here, as
you've said all there is to say about that.

Please.

But I cannot help but feel skeptical about
whether you're going to be open-minded about this.

Ditto but x10, based on your track record. Do look at my DebateCard(tm)
score... I *do* change my mind, and admit it without prevarication, if the
case is made strongly enough. Cite where you've ever changed your mind about
anything substantive, will you? Admitting you were wrong in phrasing
something (but not about the central idea) after 17 back and forths of
increasingly disruptive nature doesn't count. (meta: I bet you won't admit
you're wrong about this either... but if you produce a cite, I will)

(gee, maybe we could get Dave to do one for all the major players here. I'd
love to see LFBs... is there a category for being able to overwhelm with
correct, relevant detail???)

Still, if you feel you've
previously stated your case clearly before (which I'm assuming you have
because, to your credit, you're pretty thorough) then you could be gracious
enough to offer us the links to your old posts on this topic.

They were like, not that far back. Not sure why Dave's searches failed.

Those who are
interested in your opinions will read them, those who aren't won't.

But I can see why, because the underlying theme of this topic does raise
some questions that easily can be directed at you that I'm sure you'd rather
not answer.

Yeah, right. Ask away, big fella, and I'll do my best to answer.

OK, is the Intifada morally justified? (first under your statement that only
soldiers are targeted, and then under the reality of what actually happens)
Are the actions of Hamas morally justified?
Of Hezbollah?
Of the PA in voicing support for Hamas and Hezbollah, and not trying very
hard to stop them?

Israel *is* the evil racist Zionish occupier of the oppressed Palestinians
after all...