 Off-Topic / Debate / 13953
  From Vietnam to Jesse Helms (Re: More on Palestine)

(...) I agree, Dan's tarring everyone with a big sticky brush. His general comments are interesting though. I read this in the Observer yesterday about Jesse Helms's apparent Amendment to Protect Servicemen From International Criminal Court: ==+== (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Vietnam to Jesse Helms (Re: More on Palestine)

(...) I think James is reading something into Dan's comment that I don't think is there. Dan stated that there's no chivalry in killing the defenceless, and to ask a Vietnam vet if you doubted that statement. I also know a number of Vietnam vets-- (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Vietnam to Jesse Helms (Re: More on Palestine)

(...) If I've misread Dan, then I sincerely offer him an apology for implying that he believes Vietnam Vets to have acted cowardly. Dan, if you don't mind, please clarify what you meant. james (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Vietnam to Jesse Helms (Re: More on Palestine)

I came across this post AFTER my reply to the previous chewing-out from James: (...) Forget about it, dude. I realize I make bitter statements that reflect my personal dissatisfaction with our government's foreign policy, and I have my reasons. I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Vietnam to Jesse Helms (Re: More on Palestine)

(...) Dan: No reservations whatsoever, nor will I shoot from the hip in the future. james (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)