 Off-Topic / Debate / 13895
Re: More on Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:47:25 GMT

I am convinced the proper weapon was used. Not once, but twice.

Perhaps the proper weapon WAS used but WHOM it targeted is the issue here.
It was the wrong thing to do. Eisenhower thought the same too.

I don't buy
the "showing off to the Russians" bit but even if that *was* part of the
motive, you know what? Bravo.

Actually, it IS an historical fact that the Japanese were tapped out and
were in the process of seeking a "face saving" surrender using the Russians
as intermediaries. Truman ignored this and went ahead with the bombing, by
his own admission in revealed documents, to scare off the Russians. So, just
for the record Larry, you commend the murder of hundreds of thousands of
defenseless men, women and children, wiped clean from the face of the earth
for the sake of showing our military might to the Russians? You think this
was a good thing, even though it has been revealed as unnecessary?

We already *knew* the USSR was an evil empire too.

I suppose you voted for Ronny, eh?

To our shame we took the wrong strategy for many many years and only
vanquished them in 1990 instead of in 1946 when we had the first opportunity
to do so.

Buddy, we've taken the wrong strategy on lots of things. Wake up.

Dan