 Off-Topic / Debate / 13889
Re: More on Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:55:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:
Hello Larry,

I'll discuss that if you like, but not whether using nukes in WW II was
terrorism. It wasn't. (I again say shame on you for even suggesting it was).

I don't think it's shameful for people to have differing opinions, so I
guess we differ on that as well 8?)

This is more than a difference of opinion, so brushing it under the rug by
calling it that won't work.

I am anxiously awaiting your reaction to my historical analysis on this
issue ...

Can you give me a link? I can't find it at the mo.

But I am not sure there is much more to say. Using the proper weapon for the
job against a determined, and ultimately evil, adversary is *not* terrorism.

The world would have been a much different place if the Japanese Empire had
not been stopped, or any of the other axis powers for that matter. Much
different and much worse.

I am convinced the proper weapon was used. Not once, but twice. I don't buy
the "showing off to the Russians" bit but even if that *was* part of the
motive, you know what? Bravo. We already *knew* the USSR was an evil empire
too. To our shame we took the wrong strategy for many many years and only
vanquished them in 1990 instead of in 1946 when we had the first opportunity
to do so.