 Off-Topic / Debate / 13759
Re: More on Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:28:19 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I agree. This piece by Gingrich touches on this (and other points you make).
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-gingrich092801.shtml
and is quite thoughtful. I had no idea he could think this clearly.

Wow, I don't think I would have ever expected to see something like this
come out of Newt. With a slightly quick reading, I don't see anything in
that which I disagree with.

I think we are seeing the power of the US really coming out. We have had
sand kicked in our face by a bully, and we have decided to put down most
of our petty squabbles and deal with the bully. I wonder if the folks
who planned 9-11 really understand the hornets nest they have aroused.

I also happen to think that the anti-war demonstrations are a healthy
sign. Folks are questioning what we are doing. This questioning will
cause us to examine those decisions closer, and communicate better. Such
examination and communication will probably win over some of the
dissenters.

Frank